Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Got back in!

For a while there, I was unable to access my blog, due to Google's overtaking of practically the whole internet. Seems they finally worked out some of the kinks, though, so hopefully I'll be posting a *little* bit more regularly.

But it's got to wait until after this week. Insanely busy with college work through Friday.

On Saturday, however, I'm probably going to make some sort of "end of the year" post about how 2015 went for me. I'll be vague on many things, some of which I've already been too open about over the course of the year, but I plan to keep it interesting nonetheless.

I'll make a small post here and now, since I can.

Subtitle: Missing Buttons

The name of this blog started as just a joke. I got a blog because it was the hip thing to do, and as I struggled for a name, I realized that the button for my shorts had flown the coop. Little did I know that I would come to see this title as a metaphor for my life.

I've grown up a lot since starting this blog, way back in... goodness, middle school? 
-Leaves briefly to check date of first post-
October 4, 2009. So the beginning of my sophomore year of high school.
Funny, in a way. That year was the start of many things which will be covered later in my end of the year blog.
(source: http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmorphkQ3o1qgvo7ho1_500.gif)
Anyway.
I've become a man over the course of these past six years. My knowledge has increased, and I'd like to think that my wisdom has as well. I'm still fallible. Very much so, in fact; I mean, I'm only 22. There are things in my life which I've taken for granted and suddenly I realized I'd lost them along the way.
My life has many missing buttons. I can replace those buttons with new ones of different colors, sizes, or designs, but the fact remains that things which were once part of me have taken off and separated to their own, different paths. Each time I struggle to keep up, like a pair of shorts that now only relies upon a zipper, but I manage.

I'm going to stop here. Don't want to get too deep into this before my big post at the end of the year.

Take care, all.
- David "Middleman93" Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment